Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Delicious dumplings

Ok, here goes..Hello, my name is Odette and I'm a dumpling addict.
*phew* it feels good to get that off my chest haha!

Actually not only am I addicted to dumplings, I'm also addicted just about any type of Asian food.
There is something so satisfying about making your own dumplings. I have before made my own dumpling dough from scratch (and if you don't mind adding a good hour on to your cooking time, it's well worth it) but it's just so much easier to go to an Asian market and along with your ingredients to go into your dumplings, pick up dumpling wrappers from the freezer. Perfect thickness every time and much much quicker. 




I like to get the circular ones which are perfect for Chinese potsticker dumplings as well as the square wrappers which are great for money parcel steamed dumplings (the ones tied with sprigs of chive). 

They take around 5-7 mins to cook, either in a bamboo steamer or in a wok and with near endless fillings to go inside and a simple dipping sauce of light soy sauce, hot water, pinch of sugar and chilli you can't go wrong. In fact you can only go right..every time!

1 comment:

  1. They tasted as good as they look!
    Can't beat potstickers :D

    ReplyDelete