Sunday, October 7, 2012

Roasted Round Courgette

I recently popped to the Temple Bar food market with my friend Roisin and saw big basket of beautiful squash and round courgette and just couldn't resist picking some up. Farmers markets are fantastic for picking up veg that you wouldn't normally see in a supermarket and support small farms and lovely people!



It took me a little while to figure out what I wanted to do with it, it looked so beautiful sitting on the kitchen table, but last night Isaac and I decided to hollow it out, stuff it and roast it. In a pan I fried up some onion, garlic, the scooped out insides of the courgette, carrot, fresh herbs from the garden, chilli, lentils and tomato.




Roasted in a medium-high oven for an hour and then cut in half with a side of crunchy salad leaves. It could have done with a bit more time in the oven to soften the outside a little more as it was quite a large round courgette but the flavours all worked together gorgeously. It was a delicious hearty autumnal dish packed full of flavour. If you see some in your local farmers market you should definitely give it a go!


No comments:

Post a Comment