Monday, January 21, 2013

The BEST Scrambled Eggs

I know what you're probably thinking, "A post about scrambled eggs? They're so easy to make, everyone knows how to make scrambled eggs!"


Yes, they are very easy to make but up until very recently I felt I knew how to make them perfectly. But I was wrong. I had been making them all wrong for years and I guarantee I'm not the only one. 
Well, let me share with you the tricks that will leave you with gorgeous, silky soft and perfectly cooked eggs every time. I don't like to use milk, just a fat (butter, marg, spread etc.) and 2 large eggs per person.

1) Using fresh, large free range eggs will make all the difference for colour and flavour.
2) Low temperature. Perfect scrambled eggs take time, turn down the heat as low as it can go and keep stirring them, this could take 5-10 mins but I promise it will be so worth it.
3) Seasoning. DO NOT use salt (or pepper) until the very very end. If you add salt at the beginning the eggs can clump together and go hard. Not very appetising.


These little tricks will give you perfect scrambled eggs without fail every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment