Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday mornings

I have a little ritual for my Saturday mornings.
I wake up around half 9, have some juice or water and turn on the TV ready for 2 hours of cookery programs. I started getting in to cookery programs because of my dad (who is an amazing cook). He and I would watch them together, getting new ideas and discussing how we might prepare that dish. Even though I've moved out I love knowing that my dad and I are still sharing watching the same programs just in different houses.
Keith Floyd, Raymond Blanc, Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo are some of my favourites to watch, their mix of madness and passion for their food never fail to inspire and delight me.

What I also love about Saturday mornings is that I usually switch up my regular breakfast of cereal and have something a bit more special, like spelt scones, thick slices of toast from the bread I made the day before or one of my recent guilty pleasures, pancakes with yogurt and berries reduced to compote. Yum!

Here is a creation of Isaac's, this was the last pancake we made and there wasn't enough batter to make a full round pancake but I love how it ended up looking like hair!

Saturday mornings bring me back to my childhood when dad and I would watch TV together and mum would prepare a delicious treat for breakfast.
For me it's the perfect way to start the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment