Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Dinner

I know we've all just got over it, but I'm going to bring it up just once more.. Christmas Dinner!
I put a lot of planning into Christmas dinner this year, researching and searching weeks in advance. It's a tradition between Isaac and I that we spend Christmas Eve together and then the big day separately with our families, and as this was our 1st Christmas in our new place I wanted it to be extra special. I was super organised too, making sure I'd everything we'd need in advance and that on the day I'd as much done ahead of time, so we could relax and enjoy the day fully!


Our menu was: a lentil, chestnut and cranberry loaf with a sticky cranberry glaze. With this we'd have roasted red onion and sweet potato with tahini and pinenuts, roasted carrots with pecan nuts and maple syrup and a basmati, chestnut and sweet potato stuffing. To finish we'd have mince pies!! A proper festive feast!






All the bits and pieces came together perfectly and we had a huge amount of leftovers (I was meant to have the leftovers on Christmas day with my family however I woke up Christmas morning feeling awful, so all I could manage was a bowl of soup!). It was a lot of fun putting it all together and we'd a wonderful Christmas Eve together. I was so spoiled with gifts from Isaac and my family. I put all my food/cooking related gifts together and thought I would share.


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed every bit of your dinner too!

1 comment: