Friday, May 24, 2013

Natural Boost Super Juice!

 From the moment I opened my eyes this morning I felt tired. I'd a very long and busy day yesterday and today was equally busy, so I think I may have had a tiredness hangover (if such a thing exists). Despite having a good breakfast and a big cup of coffee I was still exhausted when I left the house. So I had to go with something I knew would work...my super juice! I sometimes also call this just my "hulk juice" because it's big,green, strong and makes you go "Arrrrrhh"!
 

I don't have a set list of ingredients but 4 things that I try always put in the juice are: spinach, ginger, apple and carrot. Today I also added an orange, 2 kiwis, 1/2 a lemon and some lovely Irish kale. I just bung it all in to our Philips Juicer and let the goodness of all the vitamins and minerals work away! Juicers are a bit of an investment but I really think they're worth it. I love adding loads of ginger (unpeeled) in my juices, enough to make your whole mouth tingle, along side lots and lots of greens. The orange and apple balance out the spinach and/or kale really nicely and in a big glass with lots of ice it's the perfect pick-me-up!


Thankfully it's stayed nice and sunny since lunch-time today so I was able to enjoy my super juice outside in the sunshine and had a lovely furry helper (Honey) while I took these shots!


2 comments:

  1. Looks so good! Would love some right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I couldn't save some for you (all the goodness would be gone out of it). I'll make another one soon, have plenty of kale leftover :)

      Delete