Saturday, October 12, 2013

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix


I truly am addicted to this delicious warming spice mix at the moment! It's hugely popular and easily available in the US but not so much here sadly. However it's an absolute doddle to make, is the work of minutes and adds a gorgeous autumnal flavour to anything you add it too.

My perfect spice mix ratio is:

4 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoon dried ginger
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
1/2 teaspoon ground clove

Put everything into a little jar, gently mix and use to your hearts content! My favourites uses for it at the moment are on my porridge in the morning, on top of a coffee (think cappuccino), on rice pudding, a dusting over warm milk, cupcakes or buns, in a tea loaf, mini cheesecakes, scones, pancakes..the list is practically endless!! What are your favourite ways to use pumpkin spice?


Check out my video in for more info and how to make my perfect pumpkin puree (delicious in my homemade pumpkin spice lattes!).

No comments:

Post a Comment