Thursday, February 27, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday #2

I know it's a day late, but better late than never right? 

Breakfast
I had some low fat organic plain yogurt with a palmful of fruit and nut granola with a sprinkling of a flax, chia seeds and goji berry mix. Isaac made a smoothie so I had some of that too, he put blueberries, raspberries, mango, banana, a splash of orange juice, water and a dollop of yogurt into it. 


Lunch
I had been craving this for ages, and it was definitely worth the wait! A slice of my homemade wholegrain spelt soda loaf, with just less than half an avocado smashed onto it, a 1 egg omelette (it really was that yellow, such an amazing colour yolk!) topped with spring onions, salt and pepper. 


Mid-Afternoon
My sister really wanted a green juice, and it would only have been rude of me not to join in right? I know it looks disgusting but it tasted so good. We put in kale, spinach, carrots, ginger, lemon, lime, apple and blood orange. The blood orange really made a big difference, it cut through all the greens so well! 


                                                                        Dinner
 I really wanted something warm and comforting, and thankfully in the freezer I had stashed away 2 portions of my delicious winter veg and bean casserole. It's so hearty and nourishing, full of  pumpkin, squash, chickpeas and butterbeans this was exactly what I wanted on a cold and rainy night.


And once again, I had about 2L of water. Hope you enjoyed this 2nd look at what I eat Wednesday!

1 comment: